beginner's problem!!!

Michael Grütztzner Michael_Gruetzner at gmx.de
Tue Apr 10 00:37:09 BST 2001

hi everyone,

I'm trying to write a kde application with kdevelop 1.3, that uses 4
different dialog windows.
I created the dialogs with the kdevelop dialog editor and made the
source files of all the dialogs.
Now I 've got the class_1 for dialog 1, class_2 for dialog 2, etc.

in the main() finction of my application I created the objects of all my
dialog classes with code like this:

class_1 *class1 = new class_1();
class_2 *class2 = new class_2();
etc.

ok, so far everything works fine, but now I want to connect the signal
clicked of the QPushButton widget in
class_1 with the show() slot in class_2. When I try:

QObject::connect( QPushButton, SIGNAL(clicked()), class_2,
SLOT(show()));

I get an error because the QPushButton is declared as protected(by the
dialog editor).

Do I have to declare QPushButton manually as public or is there another
way to do this?????

Thank you!!!!

michael