Q: Howto connect MultiLineEdit to mainview?

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Tue Oct 31 12:31:03 GMT 2000

Sandy Meier wrote
> Hi!
>
> By default the View inherits only QWidget.
>
> (from testview.h)
>
> class TestView : public QWidget  {
> Q_OBJECT
>   public:
>     /** Constructor for the main view */
>     TestView(QWidget *parent = 0, const char *name=0);
>

> just change the declaration to:
> #include "widgetmain.h"
> class TestView : public WidgetMain {
>
> and the implementation to
> TestView::TestView(QWidget *parent, const char *name) : QWidgetMain(parent,
> name){
>
> Should work. :-)

Hi,

thanks, this did the trick...

Please allow me one more question:

How do you set the view size equal widget size? I would like to
resize the MultiLineEdit widgets by changing the size of the mainview.

At the moment I set the widget to a fixed size and the view
automaticall is set to the same. However, if allowed to be variable,
the view size is adjustable whilst the widgets don't change.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf at ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes