KDevelop2, KDevelop 1.1 and KDE 2.0

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Oct 27 00:54:40 BST 2000

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Hi Again Ralf,
>
> Perhaps I didn't make myself clear..
>
> I don't need those instructions since I'm not a programmer - but a
> person who see's KDE 2 and want to code right away - and just heard
> about KDevelop - want those instruction. I thought if you (or anyone
> else) could make a lenghy page on the kdevelop.org web pages of what to
> grab, what to compile, are there any RPM's ready and for which
> distributions etc.. - this kind of stuff..
>
> And about KDevelop 2 - I was talking about another detailed page of
> whats going on currently with the development of KDevelop 2, what are
> the planned new features - some explanations of the new features and the
> new technologies, etc..
>
> I'm thinking to create whats called in the professional PR language - a
> PR stunt - I want to make a post in slashdot something like this:
>
> The KDevelop team is back on the developing stage of KDevelop 2 - You
> can read here (URL comes here) about what new features will be added to
> KDevelop 2.0. If you want to use KDevelop to write or port KDE 2
> application, then goto this (URL comes here) page for instructions how
> to install KDevelop. Ofcourse, for developing KDE 2 you'll need some
> information - here (URL comes here) is the new SAMS book about
> Developing KDE-2 Applications. Its available online, and you can
> purchase the print copy now. Also, the KDevelop documentation has been
> updated with all the latest KDE 2 API..
>
> That sort of thing :)
>
> Now, I'm not looking to publish this tommorow. I'm thinking about the
> 1st or the 2nd week of November (once the KDE 2 book will be available
> online and KDevelop 1.3 will be out).
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Hetz

good idea, only thing is someone has to write it and I´m currently more
than overloaded with work. I wish I could do it but I can´t, so I can
only forward this to kdevelop-devel and see if someone might want to
write these pages and send you the links.

So guys, anyone interested in doing this small job ? Mustn´t be someone
from the core team, just someone who likes to do it and has some time
left.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org