compiler bug

Hauke Hildebrandt Hauke.Hildebrandt at iup.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Oct 24 17:46:20 BST 2000

Eric Klumpp wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use KDevelop 1.2 since it was available, and I haven't problems yet.
> But I installed the Redhat 7.0 for a week, and I'm not able to compile
> any more. The compiler doesn't find any files of the Qt lib that I have
> included in my files.
>
> The Redhat 7.0 doesn't provide Glimpse, Glimpseindex and htsearch that
> are search at the configuration. I have looked in ld.so.conf, and I
> found the lib directories of Qt 1.45 and Qt 2.2.0. I think it is the
> problem. Can someone confirm it ?
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Eric

Well, if the compiler doesn't find your files there might be some path
setting wrong.
If it fails to find the includes while compiling, have a look at your
QTDIR variable: Does it
point to the right directory? Are you maybe trying to compile a QT2
application using the QT1.45 path?
If the linking step fails maybe you have to add the QT libdir to the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Why don't you tell us the error output from your compiler - it's easier to
find the reason with these messages.

Btw: As far as I know the default RH7.0 compiler is gcc2.96 which actually
is a *development* version,
not an official release (see the gcc pages about that). So be prepared for
some surprises...

Hauke

--
Hauke Hildebrandt