Kdevelop 1.2 and Mandrake 7.2 and KDE2

Joachim Ansorg jansorg at gmx.de
Sun Nov 26 15:33:16 GMT 2000

Hi!

I had the same problem and I thinkI found a solution.
The linker uses the kde1-compat/lib/*.la files to see which libraries should
be used.
But it contains "libdir=/usr/lib" which is the KDE2 directoryso the KDE1-apps
links to KDE2 libs which is a mess -> it fails.

The solution is to correct the *.la files.
I attached a script to do this.
Apply with:

cd /usr/lib/kde1-compat/lib
./mandrake-kde1
if it applied correctly remove la-backups which contains the old files

Then run configure of KDE1 apps with

KDEDIR=/usr/lib/kde1-compat QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt ./configure

It works for me and I hope it does also help you.

--Joachim