Problems with latest snapshots

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Fri Nov 17 06:45:48 GMT 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:59, Oliver Sbanski wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I encountered some problems in the latest (Nov. 13th - Nov 16. ) kdevelop
> snapshots:
>
> 1.) Chosing "run progam" (F9) does not run the program, because in
> CKDevelop::slotStartRun() the main project directory (and not the
> subdirectory where the executable is found ) is selected before execution.

Yes, there are some recently introduced bugs here. Try reverting to one about
31st-Oct at the moment. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

> 2.) Problem 1.) lets debugging not work either. But even when choosing
> "debug another executable", the debugger complains that it is not an
> executable, because, indeed, it is just a wrapper for .libs/<progname>.
> There I'm back with the problem I posted yesterday ("Problem with
> kdevelop20001115 with new projekt").
> Unfortunately, I got no response yet :)

"Debug another executable" assumes that you are pointing at the binary. So in
this case just point it at the .libs/<progname> and it should work. I guess
it probably should deal with libtool wrappers, but it doesn't. "Debug" knows
how to deal with the wrapper, though.

--
Regards,

jbb