Kdevelop 1.2 and Mandrake 7.2 and KDE2

Gordon Tyler gtyler at iafrica.com
Mon Nov 13 13:05:22 GMT 2000

I had a similar problem a while ago during the KDE2 Beta. I eventually
solved my problem (although this isn't an ideal solution) by uninstalling
KDE2 RPMs and installing the basic KDE1 RPMs needed to run a KDE1 app (like
KDevelop). I then compiled and installed Qt2 and KDE2 into independent
directories, Qt2 into /usr/local/qt2 and KDE2 into /opt/kde2.

The problem is that the KDE libraries and headers are installed by the RPMs
into /usr/lib and /usr/include and the detection code in the configure
script doesn't handle finding the stuff in directories elsewhere if there
are already KDE libraries and headers in those directories. For instance,
the KDE2 stuff in /usr/lib and /usr/include and the KDE1 stuff in
/usr/lib/kde1-compat. The configure script can't find the KDE1 stuff because
it finds the KDE2 stuff first. And as far as I can tell, there is no way of
explicitly telling the configure script to look only in the
/usr/lib/kde1-compat directories for KDE1 stuff.

Ciao,
Gordon