more cool features ...

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Wed Nov 1 22:13:34 GMT 2000

i think its time to post my "wanted features list" before anyone else
get a
chance to ask for something that was really my idea ;-)

it is a long list - but its about making a good program even better

keep the good work
Gustl

tree display:
  sort (on demand ?, make all sorting case dependend or not)
   files (.h, .cpp)
   structures

tree display:
 search in/for structures, globals, classes, methods ...

treedisplay:
 show classes as tree (using >30 classes is a mess ;-)
   + parent
   | + child
   | + child2
   | | + grandchild
  maybe let the user arrange ...

treedisplay:
 show qt and kde classes (on demand ?)

classes
  add method inline: put empty function declaration into .h file (not
.cpp)

classes
  refresh (reread) files

classes
  add read/write methods with variable - example:
    type name;
    const type& getname();
    void setname(const type& t);

classes:
  make return value and arguments type a listbox or add a browse
  button: show qt, kde and project classes

classes
  "autoadd" virtual function: get return value, name, etc. from parent
  constructor with all the parameters from parent

classes
  add "standard" methods:
    copy constructor
    operator = (including: if(this != rhs) ... in template)
    operator <<, >>
    add all operators: option: define operator@ using @= (see meyers
       more eff. c++)

dialog editor:
  like delphi/c++ builder: show widget signals and provide fast
interface
  (one click): add a method (slot) to dlg class and connect to this
signal
  in the constructor

editor
  blinking paren

editor
  completion (function-, class- and global varnames)

editor
  show var info as help/tip
  open class display on right mouse click menue

editor:
 indent (maybe using external program)

editor:
 add change log: auto add date and developer name

messages
 option: wrap instead of horiz. scrollbar

makefile:
  include *~ to make clean

global search&replace
  all cpp/h files

template
 use $Id$, ... in template when cvs is selected

August Hörandl                            august.hoerandl at gmx.at
The four stages of world domination are: "What's Linux?","Should we
use Linux?", "How do we use Linux?", and finally "Should we switch
to a different flavor of Linux, or keep the one we're using now?"