Newbie Questions.

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Jul 19 18:38:16 BST 2000

Stuart Owen wrote:

> I'm sure these questions have probably been asked before, but I looked
> through the archive and could not find anything.
>
> Basically, when I start a new project involving a dialog of some sort
> when I go to the dialog editor the main dialog does not exist. How do i
> edit the main dialog ?
>
> Also, how do I deal with events. I was expecting something like VC++,
> where you double click on a button to bring up the handler code. Can
> anyone give me a starter on how to deal with events?
>
> Thanks in advance, Stu.
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily Knowledge Management Software plc.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.
> If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please notify the Systems Manager by telephone on 44 (0) 161 227 9009

Reading the tutorial and the programming handbook would help you to
understand things fast as well as helping us keeping on our work ;-)
Seriously, please read through the KDE Library Reference Guide handbook
for the event handling (in which is explained both for the signal/slot
mechanism as well as the virtual event handlers) and the programming
handbook. you can generate a new dialog and set this as the main widget
instead of the one generated with the template.

Ralf
--
God is not dead. He is alive and working on a much less ambitious
project. Graffiti

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org