Debugging within Kdevelop 1.2 - Feature request

Serge Lussier lusse at videotron.ca
Sat Jul 8 18:41:51 BST 2000

Hi, ( Warning - my english is horrible )

I would want to tell my opinion about the subject.

I have to say I did not yet dig into the source code of Kdevelop to verify
my point or to modify the "run" command behaviour ( source code is too huge :).

The only way I can make the integrated debugger to work when setting
breakpoints
is by pressing the cute little "gear-wearing-sunglasses"
button. If I press the "run" button, the debugger does not start.

Thus,  the "run" command don;t care about breakpoints.
I think it is a faulty design.

The behaviour of the run command should be:

when  "Run" command issued;
     if there are breakpoints then
     {
           verify and recompile source files which have new breakpoints then
rebuild the app.
            start with the integrated debugger - or issue the "debug" command
instead...;
     }
     else just continue to run normally.

Simple isn't it ?

It is not clear how to start the integrated debugger correctly.
I didn't know I have to press on the cute little "gear-wearing-sunglasses"
icon button... until I pressed it at the right time.

That's it.
Is somebody is kindly considering this missing behaviour of the "run" command
for the next version of Kdevelop ( 2.0 ?)

Yes, I am starting to be lazy because Kdevelop is too near to the perfection :)

Other questions:
I would want somebody to tell me about the state of "code completion".
Where can I look for informations on the current Kdevlop's WorkInProgess ?

thanks.

regards,
Serge Lussier