Bugs and suggestions

Nuno Tavares nmct at republico.estv.ipv.pt
Sat Jul 1 18:46:12 BST 2000

Hello,

These are a few suggestions and a bug that popped up in a SuSE 6.2
install.

INSTALLATION)
	There should be a listing of all the files kdevelop needs, why,
and if they are important or not to the basic operation with it; the setup
utility is great, but we should know if we are missing a file or not, so
installation takes
even less time (I had to download and install some utilities after
installation).

FIRST-TIME)
	I first tried a KDE MDI and KDE Normal  application and it hasn't
been generated ready-to-compile. The problem seemed that 'make' had no
target;
First-time users feels motivated if his program's skeleton is
automatically
implemented, and that's why first-time users of Microsoft Visual C++
rarely stop using it from then.

BUG) Exit through the up-right corner X button, and it prompts for file(s)
save while it is being destroyed. If you click "Cancel" it is destroyed
anyway. You should be prompted before the destruction and if cancelled, be
returned to the IDE.

I hope i'm helping... Keep up the good work,
-
Nuno Tavares