Kdevelop and Caldera 2.3

Tony Alfrey tonyalfrey at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 29 20:37:11 GMT 2000

Petr Sorfa suggested I contact this address about my KDevelop 1.1 /Caldera 2.3
/KDE 1.1.2 problem.  I installed and compiled from the tar source files.

Can you spend just a moment to help with the Absolute Beginner's Guide to
Kdevelop?   I follow the instructions and get to Fig. 7 and press "Create" and
the screen looks like Fig. 8, no apparent errors.  Then I press Exit so that I
may go to Fig. 10 and I get this message in the window at the bottom:

cd .. && automake --gnu firsthello/Makefile
cd .. && perl automoc firsthello/Makefile.in
cd .. \
&& CONFIG_FILES=firsthello/Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
creating firsthello/Makefile
/usr/bin/xgettext -C -ki18n -x /opt/kde/include/kde.pot `find . -name \*.h -o -name \*.cpp -o -name \*.cc` -o ../po/firsthello.pot
no input file given
Try `/usr/bin/xgettext --help' for more information.
make: *** [messages] Error 1
*** failed ***

Did I forget to install something? The tutorial says that my PATH environment
variable must have /usr/local/bin and  /usr/local/kde/bin as the first search
paths.  But Caldera puts kde in /opt/kde.  Might this be the cause of the
problem?  Are there others who have run Kdevelop on Caldera 2.3 ?

Thanks for any help you might provide.

--
Tony Alfrey
tonyalfrey at earthlink.net