PROBLEM/INFO: RPM and kdk-1.1

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 29 16:02:29 GMT 2000

Hi together...

now it's time to report a "bug" by myself ;-(

Many rpm-packagers use the DESTDIR environment var. to create a
rpm-package.
Unfortunately ktranslator didn't support this. So it wasn't possible to
create a
correct package from kdk-1.1.tar.gz.

But now the problem is solved and _rpm-packagers_ will find a new
tarball at
ftp://ftp.e-technik.fh-muenchen.de/pub/unix/ide/KDevelop/kdk4packagers/

The packages inside this compilation DO NOT have any new features!!!!
The "normal" users will not see any difference between the first kdk-1.1
tarball and the new one. It has only corrections in some administration
files of the automake/autoconf stuff.

So I decided to use the same version number, but in a different
directory of the ftp mirror, dedicated for packagers.

As goodie I also putted the spec-file and the logfile of the generation
process and the rpm-list/info output on the ftp-mirror.

WARNING MESSAGE:
Beware of using the prefix option for binary rpm packages!
The following packages substitute inside some files the qt and/or kde
pathes by the make process, so it may not work correctly without
postinstall script:
c_cpp_reference, kdelibdocs_kdoc2, cervisia (for the documentation).

Hope this message is helpful!

Ciao

Walter

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)