BUGREPORT 1.1final - 2 instances of KDevelop

Hummel, Timo timo.hummel at sap.com
Tue Feb 29 08:32:36 GMT 2000

>very tricky the solution with "one" instance...
>hmmm... but how would it work if I have 3 instances running and the
>second crashes?

Good bet. IPC would be the magic solution, or a file where the PID of each
instance is held, and on every new
startup of KDevelop it checks if the PIDs are still here...only problem is
if you reboot, your PID file is the
same and the PID's also :), there would be the need for a timestamp thing or
such. But, I remember something
about signal traps, where you, if a SIGSEGFAULT occurs, can call a procedure
which could, for instance,
write a file where it reports itself that KDevelop just crashed...shouldn't
be too hard...

Timo