BUGREPORT 1.1final - 2 instances of KDevelop

Hummel, Timo timo.hummel at sap.com
Mon Feb 28 14:20:32 GMT 2000

I think the reason is another here. KDevelop creates a file somewhere, and
if KDevelop crashes, the file remains so that KDevelop notices that it
wasn't shut down correctly last time. If you run another instance, it
notices that the file is still there and assumes that KDevelop crashed, but
it is still running. Another idea would be to use interprocess
communications or simple a ps and if kdevelop sees itself plus one instance,
and the file is existant, everything is alright. If there is only one
instance, it indicates that kdevelop really crashed.