yyflex

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Mon Feb 28 13:41:56 GMT 2000

llornkcor wrote:

> For the last few releases, I have been unable to compile kdevelop, always
> ending while linking, with this message-
>
> ./classparser/libclassparser.a(tokenizer.o): In function
> `yyFlexLexer::yylex(void)': tokenizer.o(.text+0x668): undefined reference to
> `yywrap' ./classparser/libclassparser.a(tokenizer.o): In function
> `yyFlexLexer::yyinput(void)': tokenizer.o(.text+0xd0b): undefined reference to
> `yywrap' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [kdevelop] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kdevelop-1.1/kdevelop'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kdevelop-1.1/kdevelop'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kdevelop-1.1'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi llornkcor,

hmmm very strange behaviour... the flex-library should be linked to it.
you can check this after having "configure" done.

Search in the Makefile of the base (aka top_srcdir) dir of KDevelop for
the string
"LEXLIB=".
There should be written "LEXLIB=-lfl".

--- now the two possibilities: ---
If it isnĀ“t inserted inside the Makefile please check your
autoconf/automake versions.

But you can always override this behaviour by using:

$make LEXLIB="-lfl"

instaed of using "make" without parameter.

--- the second possibility ---
"LEXLIB=-lfl" is inserted in your generated Makefile:
this would be a little bit more complex...
either one of the default "LD_LIBRARY_PATH"s don't point to the
directory in which you can find the flexlib.
If the path isn't inlcuded in the make-process you can override also
this by using the following

make LEXLIB="-lfl" LDFLAGS="-L<path of libfl.a> $LDFLAGS"

----
All in all I hope you will have success with the "temporary" solution by
using:
make LEXLIB="-lfl" LDFLAGS="-L<path of libfl.a> $LDFLAGS"

But please do me a favor to examine the problem. Would you send me
directly the following files:
configure, Makefile.in, config.log and Makefile
and the version numbers of your automake and autoconf, name of the unix
distribution and version of flex.

Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)