ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 1.1final released

Daniel Berlin dan at cgsoftware.com
Mon Feb 28 03:42:29 GMT 2000

> 1. It can parse namespaces much better. But it still can lose some data from
> local namespace and put it into the global pool. Also it can lose class name
> in case of defining a class directly after opening namespace. A sample:
> namespace  w123 { class a324 {}; } can be lost. If I put namespace  w123
>  class any; class a324 {}; } There will be no problem. Actually I often use
> the same namespace in the different headers. I had to stop namespace parsing
> by adding return statement in the namespace parser function. The reasons
> were that I do not like to hide my classes definition in the namespace tree
> and I do not like to see alphabetical sorted structure member functions
> inside of namespace before classes. Actually I do not understand why
> kdevelop parses classes in the different way than the structures. Of course
> the unions should be parsed in another way.
They all should actually be the same, with the difference being the
keyword.
It's rather simple to make this work right.
I added parsing of extern blocks.
In doing so, i added a scope stack, which also took care of the namespace
problem (I never had the distributed namespace problem because of this)

> 2. Debugger cannot see non-class data defined in the namespace.

> 3. Debugger lack to show data references values but show only it address.
> There is no problem by manual adding. Showing address of reference type data
> before value is not so good because there is a screen space problem.
> 4. Debugger If I add pointer data in the watch I have no way to see any
> pointed data by mouse clicking. In case ADB* ptr; I have to add only ptr[0]
> or  *ptr.

I'll be most likely taking over maintenance of c++ support in GDB (once my
assignment goes through). I've recently fixed operator overloading (It'll
be in the CVS, nad hopefully gdb 5.0, depending on how much longer it
takes to process my papers), among other things.
So, if these turn out to be problems in the underlying debugger, let me
know, and i'll fix them.

My point being > > Best Regards, Dmitry
Semenov > EMail: hatter at chollian.net