Using Kdevelop and CORBA

Marcus Gruendler runner at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Feb 26 11:32:29 GMT 2000

Hi there,

Some days ago someone asked about how to cope with CORBA specifics in Kdevelop.
There was a short response that one should add the IDL compiler line to the
Makefile.am. But i think this is not enough.

Unfortunately i am not so familiar with automake details though i have some
knowledge about it. There are some points which i can't manage.

* Assume i have a test.idl file. After invocation of the IDL compiler like
    idl test.idl
  i have two further files: test.cc and test.h. The problem is that the file
  test.cc has to be compiled by the c++ compiler and then linked to my
  application. But how could this be done in Kdevelop? Kdevelop doesn't know
  anything about test.cc and since it is a generated file, i can not add it to
  my project by hand.

* I have tried to manage the problem by adding this to the Makefile.am:

####### kdevelop will overwrite this part!!! (begin)##########
bin_PROGRAMS = myapp
boersenmarkt_SOURCES = main.cpp
boersenmarkt_LDADD   = -lmico2.3.0

SUBDIRS = docs

EXTRA_DIST = main.cpp test.idl

####### kdevelop will overwrite this part!!! (end)############
bin_PROGRAMS = myapp
IDLCOMILER = idl
IDLFLAGS =

test.cc test.h: test.idl
	$(IDLCOMPILER) $(IDLARGS) $<

  but you can see the problem - if i had more than one *.idl file i would have
  to add a line for each idl file. Is there a better way? Is it possible to add
  the test.cc file to the myapp_SOURCES variable? You can not do it like that:
  myapp_SOURCES = $(myapp_SOURCES) test.cc  since this produces a cyclic
  inclusion of the sources: myapp_SOURCES = main.cpp test.cc main.cpp test.cc
  main.cpp test.cc ....

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem easily, or do we have to
extend Kdevelop fo this?

Bye, Marcus

--
Marcus Gruendler