QT2.x project--tarball doesn't compile

M.H. moloch at nikocity.de
Wed Feb 23 11:19:16 GMT 2000

On Mit, 23 Feb 2000 Ralf Nolden wrote:
> "M.H." wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I created a QT2.x SDI project, that works without a problem (in Kdevelop).
> > When I try to make/install this app from the tarball (created with "make distribution"
> > from the "project" menu), I run into some errors at link time (undefined references),
> > because the .moc files are not created/compiled/linked (doing a configure, make).
> > Can someone tell me whats wrong? Shouldn't the .moc files be created
> > automatically?
> > Thanks!
> > Michael
> >
> > (Kdevelop1.1beta2, Linux 2.2.13)
>
> Yes, they should be created automatically as well as compile and linked
> to your app. If something like this happens, do a rebuild. That usually
> helps.
>
> Ralf
Hi again,
thanks for your response, but this doesn't seem to help here.
I now created a new ("empty") Qt2.x SDI project, made a distribution and tried
to compile it -- same problem.
It works if I run it from within Kdevelop; when I try to compile the tarball, the moc
files are not created/compiled/linked.
I made some experiments (let's say my project is under /home/mh/tartest;
the gunzipped/untared tarball is under /opt/sourcepackages/tartest-0.1)
I copied makefile.in from /home/mh/tartest/tartest to
/opt/sourcepackages/tartest-0.1/tartest. Now it works without a problem.
(at least I hope that's the only thing I did)
Is this a bug or am I doing something really stupid?
Bye Michael