Qt 2.1.0 beta!

Ivan Martinez ex08 at kalman.iau.dtu.dk
Sun Feb 20 15:48:43 GMT 2000

Ken Brakey wrote:

> The BETA that I downloaded was qt-2.0.2beta.

I can send qt-2.1.0 beta by E-mail to you, if you want.

> KDE2 uses qt-2.1.0 as of 12/15/99 and they say it will be
> built on
> that version or better.

Of course, the final release of KDE2 will be based in the final release
of Qt-2.1.0

> I have qt-1.44 installed  --  as well as
> 'qt-copy' from KDE-CVS and 'qt-public.cvs' from TROLL also
> 'qt-2.1.0'
> from KDE. That's approx 150 meg of disk space!
>
> Question: is KDE2 beig built on ALPHA qt-libs? WHY?

Because it is still alpha and they wanted to start their work as soon as
possible and release KDE2 not much later than Qt-2.1.0. As I told you,
the final release can only be based in the final release of Qt-2.1.0