Newbie looking for libraries documentation

Claus Wagner Claus.Wagner at ascom.ch
Thu Feb 10 16:54:58 GMT 2000

Ivan Martinez wrote:

>     Hi,
>     I am looking for libraries of commonly used classes, such as lists,
> strings, lists of strings, etc. I have gcc 2.95 and I suppose it
> contains such libraries, in which directory may the documentation be?.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Ivan Martinez (Rodriguez)
> Bch in Computer Science - MSc student
> http://www.student.dtu.dk/~u990873
> "Ponia Windows98 o superior, asi que instale Linux"

It's the Standard Template Library (STL) you are looking for. It's part
of the C++ standard and you can use it with gcc. There's no
documentation on this topic with the gcc.

You find a great online guide to the C++ STL (which contains lists,
vectors, I/O classes, strings, etc) at
http://www.sgi.com/Technology/STL
You can also download the complete packet, which is in HTML.

Regards
Claus

--
Claus Wagner