Editing main dialog

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Feb 8 08:33:46 GMT 2000

stodge wrote:

> When I create a Qt dialog, I get a main window, with the usual menu,
> toolbar and status bar etc.. But how do I graphically edit this dialog?
> I cant work out how to do that. I can only edit new dialogs. It seems
> pointless creating a main dialog that is loaded automatically that I
> can't edit.

You can find info about that issue in the KDevelop Programming handbook.
The templates all have the same scheme but differ in the implementation
where KDE calls are replaced by Qt ones. The thing is that usually an
app has a main view that is an editor or something like that (own
invented view) which requires reimplementing the virtual event handlers
of QWidget (see also the KDE library reference Guide about event
handling). But if you wish to use a dialog or widget created with the
dialog editor, create it and inherit the View class from your
dialog/widget class.

Ralf