several questions - bug reports?

Roberto Alsina ralsina at unl.edu.ar
Fri Feb 4 08:30:38 GMT 2000

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Sandy Meier wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 you wrote:
> > Hello All
> >
> > This is my first posting on this list so I will take an opportunity to thank kde
> > and kdevelop developers for such great environment we are using.
> >
> > Here are my questions or remarks
> >
> > General questions
> > 1) Will dialog editor support layout QT features (QtVBox etc.) ?
>
> Hi!
>
> No, this isn't planed for the near future. The new dialog editor (KDevelop2)
> will support some simple layout managment options (like in Delphi) but nothing
> more. But this is a opensource project and everyone can add new features if
> he/she want. :-)

The dialog has support for making a widget a child of another?
If yes, then implementing at least the simplest things, like QVBox and
QHBox should be easy :-)

>  > 2) Is it possible to generate Makefile so output files (binary)
> >would fall into > pointed directory instead of local
>
> As far as I know this isn't possible because of the automake/autoconf
> framework.

Usually all you have to do is run configure from another directory, and
then all the files will be generated in the "another directory".

At least that's how gcc's build process goes.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul