suggestion for auto breakpoints

Duane Voth duanev at interactivesi.com
Fri Feb 4 13:20:36 GMT 2000

jbb wrote:
> I still suggest you "prototype" this idea first and see if its actually useful.
> Do the simple debug function and write a script to add it to every function in
> your sources. Then give it a whirl in a real world situation. Be objective
> about your testing (not like me :-)

Objectivity is not the problem, I hate functionality bloat more than I
like
nifty features, but time definitely is a problem...  sigh.

> Also give gprof and gcov? a really good bash.

gcov - never heard of it.  And the docs are sufficiently obscure!

	http://www.dis.com/gnu/gcc/gcc_112.html

> I think these hold more promise
> for what you want to do, although in a different way. Perhaps kdevelop could
> have some support for these tools to make them easier to use?

Oooh oooh, like integrating the percentage numbers in a column on the
right hand side of the screen...

duane