Tables in SGML (was: ksgml2html -> sgml2html 1.0.9 complains about option "-N")

Achim Spangler spangler at tec.agrar.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 1 16:26:34 GMT 2000

Jacek Wojdel schrieb:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> > QUESTION:
> > Do I miss something, or can't I create tables within SGML as easy as in
> > HTML?
> > Is there at least a little more complicated, but possible way?
> >
> > I would need tables for my documentation. So I will have to structure my
> > documentation with sections and subsections to describe f.e. error state
> > codes dependent on object and called member function.
>
> Look at:
>
> http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/mydocs/docbook-intro/docbook-intro.html
>
> In section 3 there is a page on tables in SGML with ready-to-use examples.
I tried the table example, but I get only error messages about handling
the document type "INFORMALTABLE".
-> would I have to store the table definition in another file, format it
with special function calls, and then integrate the table into my
LinuxDoc default documentation?
Or do you have a suggestion, how I could get tables and documentation
within one file (like in HTML).
Otherwise, I should use lyx for writing my documentation.

Achim