KDevelop caught SIGSEGV

Robert Tomanek slon at in.com.pl
Tue Feb 1 10:29:20 GMT 2000

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Robert Tomanek wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have a really strange problem with kdevelop (version 1.1beta1.0): today I
> > decided to upgrade my Debian system to potato. Having done this (actually I
> > haven't upgraded everything, only the development files) (and recompiled
> > kdevelop, just to be on the safe side) I noticed that it (kdevelop) doesn't
> > start: to be more precise it shows its splash screen and even its main window
> > but just after it kdevelop crashes with SIGSEGV. gdb says it was in
> > __morecore().
> [...]
> > My current system is something between Debian slink and potato:
> > libc6: 2.1.2-12
> > libstdc++2.10: 2.95.2-5
> > libstdc++2.9: 2.91.60-5
> > qt: 1.44-6
> > kde: 1.1.2
> > gcc/g++: 2.95.2-5
> > kdevelop: 1.1beta1.0
> >

> You upgraded your system from libc6 2.0.7 to 2.1.2 I think. The problem is,
> these version aren´t completely compatible. Because nearly every program
> depends on this library you should recompile everything (or get the newer
> packages linked against version 2.1.2).
>
> KDevelop f.e. also needs libX11, libjpeg, libtiff etc. and these might depend
> on other stuff.
> Finally if you want a stable system update everything or switch back to the
> stable distro. Nevertheless I know a lot of people working with Debian 2.2pre
> without problems and as far as I know Debian has already freezed potato code,
> so there is an imminent new stable release.

Thanks for your answer. Well, I used KDevelop with previous versions of
glibc2.1 but I guess you are right with making a complete upgrade. It seems to
be the only solution.

robert

--
Robert Tomanek, a happy user of Debian/GNU Linux
homepage: http://www.in.com.pl/~slon/
e-mail:   slon at in.com.pl
Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.