Support for custom projects

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 12:48:12 GMT 2000

Hi,

Alexander Kuit wrote:

> Though working with kdevelop is fun, using it with already existing projects
> is a serious problem, because
>
> 1. Kdevelop insists on creating its own directory structure. It simply
> refuses to create a custom project inside an existing directory.

This seems to be stupid behaviour of KDevelop (logical bug) because the only
thing you need to create in customer projects is the XXXX.kdevprj file. I think
the is a special handling for customer projects missing in the wizard code.
Could you have a look at this and make a patch?

> Now I'm able to introduce kdevelop to my colleagues and make it our standard
> IDE! Any comments welcome.

We use also KDevelop as standard IDE for Linux. And with customer projects. It
works fine in a way that I create the XXXX.kdevprj file by wizard in a temporary
directory, copy that file to the real project, restart KDevelop, load that
project and manually add all existing files by right-mouse-button click in RFV
(real-file-view).
The location of the Makefile and the program can be set by
Project->Options->....

It's very tricky but surely much better in KDevelop2. :-)
So there's always a reason for updating to the new KDevelop version! ;-)

Ciao,
  F at lk