Support for custom projects

Alexander Kuit akuit at orga.com
Mon Dec 4 11:23:50 GMT 2000

On Montag,  4. Dezember 2000 11:49, you wrote:
> Alexander Kuit wrote:
> > This is a note on using kdevelop with custom (means: already existing,
> > also non-KDE or -Qt) projects.
>
> Alexander,
>
> kdevelop 1.3 handles that pretty well for automake projects (requires
> you to have a Makefile.am in all directories). Just go to "Project"
> "Generate Projectfile".
>
> Ralf

Our system is quite complex and historically grown. We don't use automake and
I'm not in a possition to change this. Anyway, my approach should work
without any assumption about the makefile structure, or am I wrong? My goal,
and I suppose many others would agree with me, is to use kdevelop
without assuming *anything*  about the existing stuff.

Alex