wish item: objective-c support

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 23:52:35 GMT 2000

On Fri, 01 Dec 2000, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I volunteered to add objc support to KDevelop 2.0 a month or two ago, and I
> > still intend to do that. But when I last checked out KDevelop 2.0, it wasn't
> > quite ready for adding extra langauges - that was a few weeks ago.
>
> What do you think is not ready? The earlier we get feedback about
> it, the better the chances are that we get the necessary interfaces
> right.
It wasn't parsing the C++ classes and putting them in the class browser, and I
couldn't create a new project then. I also wasn't sure if the tokenizer and
parser were going to be the same for the final 2.0 release (ie the same as the
1.3 ones). But it isn't a problem - I think it makes sense get the C++ support
really solid first, before others can come along and adapt (steal!) it for any
other language(s). I've just checked out the current KDevelop 2.0 and KDE 2.0
libs, so I'll have another go this week.

-- Richard