KDevelop and the Qt Designer

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Aug 15 09:32:34 BST 2000

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> Hi!
> Hope you guys have already heared about our new GUI designer. As we finally
> decided about a week ago to release it under the GPL (as you can see in Qt
> 2.2.0beta1), I have some suggestions regarding integration with KDevelop.
>
> Some time ago (on LinuxTag) I met Ralph and we talked about making the Qt
> Designer a bit more integrated into KDevelop. Now I have some thoughts about
> it and would like to share them with you.

Hi Reggie,

I´ve written a mail to kdevelop-devel yesterday suggesting to add the
calls to kdevelop-1.2 and add the uic calls and search to the kdevelop
1.2 kde2 and qt2 templates so the configure script finds the uic and
calls it just like moc does. I think applying those patches to
kde-common/admin would be needed as well. I would do it myself but
currently I haven´t got the time to do it due to my exam; I´ll be more
capable to do any work in about 5 weeks so if someone likes to do it
right now I would be very thankful. Together with the latest patches to
1.2 we could do another release until we have something to show for KDE
2.

Comments ?

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org