KDevelop and the Qt Designer

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Tue Aug 15 09:30:16 BST 2000

Hi!

I added the following lines to ckdevelop_noslot.cpp around line 690 (in
the void CKDevelop::switchToFile(QString filename, bool
bForceReload,bool bShowModifiedBox) method):

  // Load QtDesigner if clicked/loaded an User Interface file (.ui)
  if( filename.right(3) == ".ui") {
    if(!CToolClass::searchProgram("designer")){
      debug("QtDesigner not fount!");
      return;
    }
    showOutputView(false);
    s_tab_view->setCurrentTab(TOOLS);
    swallow_widget->sWClose(false);
    swallow_widget->setExeString("designer -client " + filename);
    swallow_widget->sWExecute();
    swallow_widget->init();
    return;
  }

This launches QtDesigner (provided the designer binary is in the PATH)
when opening a .ui file but the QtDesigner ask to "choose a template for
the new form" and then create a new form so we end up with both the
right old form from the file we open and a new form that we don't need.

Is there another command instead of "designer -client filename" so that
no new form is created ?

And to the kdevelop team, can I commit this anyway ?

Bye,
Christian