Upgrading KDE from 1.1 to 1.1.2

Michael and Debra David mddavid at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Aug 7 19:25:20 BST 2000

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the help.  I found the line you wer talking about.  It said

x:5:respawn:/usr/X11/prefdm -nodaemon

prefdm is a link to /usr/bin/kdm.

I tried changing the line so that it points directly at kdm.  Same result.
For now I commented out this line in inittab and use startx to start KDE
from a command prompt.  Works OK.  Funny thing is that it brings up the same
grey screen, but after a bit KDE starts.

Any other ideas would be appreciated as well.