Simple Question for a simple User

Derek_Mason at liebert.com Derek_Mason at liebert.com
Wed Apr 5 21:45:58 BST 2000

     Having just got back to Kdevelop as a learning tool for both C++ and
     linux in general I find a couple of (simple I hope) problems.

     System is Compaq Armarda 1700
     SUsE 6.1
     KDE 1.1.2
     Kdevelop 1.1 Beta2

     Having created a console applet and then imported an existing source
     file I find that there are two instances in the project manager of the
     single function contained in the new file. Clicking on either simply
     brings up the source for the Kdevelop generated main function.

     However, clicking on the globally declared _structure_ used in the
     imported source will bring up the correct source file.

     Is this an undocumented feature, or me being silly again?

     More importantly to me (I probably don't understand what I'm doing
     here) if I #include <iostream.h> then the file isn't found when
     compiling.  This surely has to be an environment variable to be set,
     but the question is _where_ should I set the path to?

     Any clues would be welcome :)

     regards,
     dm v2.5.2