Bug Report: Seg-Fault in Class-View

Eric M. Collins emc2 at ra.msstate.edu
Sun Sep 26 20:14:25 BST 1999

I am running a standard Linux-Mandrake 6.1 distribution which comes with
a binary of KDevelop 1.0 beta 2 preinstalled.  I have been trying out
KDevelop for a week or so now and I like what I've seen; however, I've
been getting some intermittant segmentation faults.  They occur when I
move my mouse cursor into the class-view/tree-view widget.  It seems I
can get the program to crash consistantly by moving the cursor into an
area of the widget where there is no text (ie. below the list of entries
under 'Global').

I've also download the beta 3 version to see if the problem can be fixed
by an updated recompile.  Unfortunately, the configure script dies while
looking for giflib30.  Checking the /usr/lib directory I find that
libgif.so.3 -> libgif.so.3.1.0 -> libungif.so.3.1.0.  This is, of
course, how Mandrake came installed (RPM: libungif v4.1.0-4mdk, which
includes both v3.1.0 and v4.1.0 libraries).

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I look forward to seeing the final
release.

Eric M. Collins

Ad Astra Per Aspera                     emc2 at ra.msstate.edu