Hi anybody

Dave Robbins dmrobbin at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 26 01:23:53 BST 1999

Hi Rene,

Maybe I can help some
did you compile and install kde yourself?
if so I think the libs should be in either /opt/kde/bin or
/usr/local/kde/bin
the path to the libs should be in the file /etc/ld.so.conf (you have to
do this as root)
after this is set, run /sbin/ldconfig. now your system will be able to
find the libs (you have to do this as root also)
I think the kde installation process should have done this but sometimes
things don't go perfect
Seems like if you compiled kde yourself these things would have to be
correct, maybe you installed binaries
now go to kdevelop under the build menu and run configure, look at the
output carefully
this will show you everthing the compiler looks for and whether or not
it finds it
good luck, let me know how it goes

Dave