Problems compiling KDESDK

Martin Lange lange at linext.de
Fri Sep 24 09:34:23 BST 1999

Hi,

I´m working with a SuSE 6.1.

While new in using and learning about KDevelop, I have not yet managed
to get a complete compilation of the KDESDK. Startin the ./configure script
as a normal user it always stops with the message:

running /bin/sh admin/configure --cache-file=.././config.cache --srcdir=.
admin/configure: admin/configure: No such file or directory
configure: error: admin/configure failed for kexample

I tried with a version from a book CD (which has KDevelop 1.0 Beta 1) and
with one from the Internet as well. And none of them works. I also checked
to do the same as root. But the only difference then is the location of
the error (as root it can´t find kwm because it´s not in the search path).

What´s missing on my system? What´s this command ´admin/configure´?

Nevertheless: KDevelop is really great work. Developers go on like that!

Thanks in advance
--
Martin Lange
lange at linext.de