A few little things

Andrew Morton morton at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Sep 21 09:30:15 BST 1999

Hi, kdevelopers.  Stunning work - congratulations.

I'm running 1.0beta2 on Mandrake 6.0.

1: ClassParser problem.

If a .cxx file has a huge comment block:

/* [ 12 kbytes of stuff ] */

then we get a segfault when returning from CClassParser::parse().  That
"char comment[2048];" looks a likely culprit!

2: In the top level, 'make clean' dies:

gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kdevelop-1.0beta2/kdevelop'
gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target `clean-files', needed by
`clean-am'.  Stop.

3: Minor point: In the classtool when you right-click on a classname and
select "Go to declaration"  the editor window does this nicely.  But the
tree view pane doesn't highlight the newly selected class.  I think it
should.

And finally, some questions:

1: I'd like to get my team using kdevelop for code visualisation.  Not
really for editing, building, etc.  Just for looking at code.  So I have
70 megs of lecacy code which needs to be imported into a kdevelop
project.

Is there any easy way of doing this?  Not doing it a file-at-a-time?
Obviously one could create a suitable .kdevprj file using scripting
tools, but that's not the right thing to do...

2:  Has anyone fed kdevelop through Purify?  That's something I may be
able to help out with.

- Andrew.