Documentation

Richard Moore rich at ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 19:48:51 BST 1999

derek_mason at smtpgw.liebert.com wrote:

>      Hi all,
>
>      Whilst not an application developer (I do embedded RT systems) I have
>      been looking at KDevelop for the few in-house apps we need/use.
>
>      In association with KDOC it's getting to be fairly marvellous but KDOC
>      has a limitation in sofar as documenting C code (rather than C++) it
>      is rather simplistic...
>
>      Anyone have any pointers to documentation apps tha could be used in
>      its place which would give better coverage of 'C' enabling a common
>      standard thoughout both the PC apps and the embedded firmware.

You should talk to Taj, the kdoc maintainer. He has been asking what
people would like to see added to kdoc in future versions. This seems
to be a fairly reasonable request, especially because it would be nice
way for us to improve the docs of some of the stuff in kdesupport.

>      Ideally it would be available as source/binary for Linux and binary
>      for Windoze95  (Embedded compilers/development systems seem to be
>      exclusive to M$ Windoze)

kdoc is written in perl, and can be used anywhere there is a perl port,
this include Win95 et.al.

Rich.

     Richard Moore		rich at ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.robocast.com/	richard at robocast.com