Artistic Style indenter/formatter

Roberto Alsina ralsina at unl.edu.ar
Fri Sep 17 16:31:30 BST 1999

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 holle at almaden.ibm.com wrote:

> No way ! That is clumsy ! It reminds me of the emacs-19.x hilit19 package where
> you had to issue "hilit19-rehilit-buffer" or something in order to get the
> buffer higlighted.
> Therefore: if it does not work in real time while I am editing, I do *not* want
> to have it (make it an runtime option with a checkbox somewhere). I rely on my
> code looking the same when I reopen it. Even a different tab-width is confusing.
>
> Maybe it is something for the "import existing file and merge to project"
> function ???

To do that the astyle "smarts" would have to be merged into kwrite (or
rather its widget) which is indeed a lot harder to do. And, depending on
how astyle works, maybe impossible.

I do use astyle to unify style in my sources, because I edit more often
with KFTE than with kdevelop, and making both indent the same way is not
trivial, so I simply reindent everything every once in a while.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)