Integrated debugger

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 16 07:09:45 BST 1999

Hi,

I have a patch to kdevelop that integrates debugging within the IDE. This is
prototype code only, and not even alpha quality. It doesn't seem to crash here,
but it isn't finished. The interface I've supplied is a hack onto the IDE just
to get the core code running, and is not sufficient. This will change, but
into what, will be interesting.

It's at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb

Instructions about how to apply it and what to apply it to, are on the download
page (Sorry about the large snapshot - I'll do better next time, along with a
better homepage!). There's very little documentation (read none!) so you'll
need to play with it a bit to figure out how it works. If there's enough
interest or too much confusion, I'll supply a cheat sheet.

I've released this code just to get feedback and help (suggestions and
patches etc), and to generate even more talk on "Sandy's kdevelop hotline" at

		IRCNET, channel #kdevelop
	Friday 17. September 1999, 20.00 MET, (19.00 GMT)

(even if this is 7:00am Saturday for me (nz) ugggh!)

This is not an official part of kdevelop and might not *ever* make it into
kdevelop. I'm hoping that it, or parts of it, will survive but others may have
much better code than I have. If you do, don't hide it, let me know and I'll
start using it :)

Have fun and see you on Friday.
Regards,

jbb

PS. Sandy - are you sure  <kdevelop at fara3.cs.uni-potsdam.de> is working
properly? I sent the above message to that address 6hrs ago and haven't
received it yet. (Of course, I bet I get two messages back in the next 5
minutes!)