No valid shell?

Jesper Saxtorph sax at private.dk
Wed Sep 15 14:37:49 BST 1999

Hello

I have used KDevelop 0.3 on RedHat 5.2 for this spring for some project.
It is a great envirement so keep going.

Recently I have installed RedHat 6.0 and KDevelop 1.0 Beta 2.
It will not create the kdelibs documentation (it just don't get any
further).
When I start KDevelop I can fine see my old projects, but I can not
create any new. When I press create nothing is happening besides the
buttons turn grey.

If I start the setup from a terminal (Konsole)  I get the following:

bash$ kdevelop --setup
Could not find a valid shell

Could not find a valid shell

Likewise if I start KDevelop from a terminal (also Konsole)  I get the
following when trying to create a project
:
bash$ kdevelop
using filler
Colortype 6 is rgb/alpha
Could not find a valid shell

Could not find a valid shell

Could not find a valid shell

QPixmap::convertToImage: Cannot convert a null pixmap
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image

Do anybody know what the problem is?

Hope for help

Jesper Saxtorph