Fwd: concerning to the "file management bug"

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at geocities.com
Mon Sep 13 13:26:03 BST 1999

Hi,

I think I can tell you what the bug's reason is :-)  :

(My project structure is:
--+test

  +--test

  +--src

  +--include

  +--lib)

Well, so I recompiled kdevelop with your patch (see message of Bernd
Gehrmann).
After that I can see the whole paths of the source files in the window
list.

Now I tried to reconstruct the bug scenario:
- opened a file in the file view
- made a syntax mistake
- built the project (called make)
- got an error message in the output window
- clicked at the error message line
- jumped to the error line in the file view
- looked in the file view menu item and saw:

   /home/falk/test/test/../src/xxx.cpp
   /home/falk/test/src/xxx.cpp

Ooops! /home/falk/test/test/../src/xxx.cpp is new!

These 2 entries are showing the same file but they are handled by the
file management with different pathes and that's why as different file
instances!!!!!
I can make changes in /home/falk/test/test/../src/xxx.cpp but also in
/home/falk/test/src/xxx.cpp and then the confusion will begin!

This is the reason for the bug!

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> > I noticed it would automatically happen when I double-click on an
> > error message (at the bottom of the screen) to get to the error in a
> > given file. If that file is also accessed through the Class tree, then 2
> > versions of that file would eventually appear in the Window List.
>
> In CKDevelop::switchToFile() (file kdevelop/ckdevelop_noslot.cpp),
> change the line
>
>   info->id = menu_buffers->insertItem(fileinfo.fileName(),-2,0);
>
> into
>
>   info->id = menu_buffers->insertItem(filename,-2,0);
>
> Do you still have duplicate entries in the window list or are
> there little differences, like '//' instead of '/'?
>
> Bernd.

P.S.: Please, send me a patch or tell me what to change in the sources
of kdevelop.
Thanks very much in advance!

--

Ciao,
--Falk

BTW: KdeStudio is not so interesting for me as KDevelop 'cause I can't
distribute the files of my project in sub-directories there (like
.../src and .../include) ?-(