Hel p and Suggestions.....

Michael M Brockman mikey at brockman.org
Fri Sep 10 12:39:42 BST 1999

Greetings,

    Using KDevelop Beta 2 under RH 6.0 ......

    How do you mix  legacy C code and C++ code? ..... More specifically,
I have  a mixture of C and C++ in the same project, but I need a
different Compiler options for the C code .... How or What do I modify
to ensure that the differences in the compiles survive a "configure" ?
(Note: the project was started as a C++ project, the C code was added
later...)

    I looked in the docs and was unable to find any info on this subject
... that doesn't mean the info is not there .. I just was unable to find
iit . So if you could point me in the correct direction, I would
appreciate it ...

Also a wish list ......

    #1) Have the document arrows <-- -->  work on the source code... So
you could bounce between several different (not just two) locations in
your source.......You could also compare documentation to your source
code at a easy click ......

    #2) Have a panel on the Project->Options for creation of rpms (Maybe
add it to the Makefile area - as a "make rpm"). Simple projects could
have rpm's generated very easily .....(The key here is simple, I know
package management can get very complex)..

Great tool!

Mikey (AKA Michael M Brockman)