other comments: 1 bug

Massimo Morin mmorin at schedsys.com
Fri Oct 29 22:28:22 BST 1999

Hi guys
   here are other comments again. Well the new MDI interface looks
great!
Let me know as usual what you think on the topics

Cheers
	Max

These comments applie to
kdevelop 19991027,  Qt 2.0.2, kdelibs and kdesupport
snapshot 19991001 on RH5.1
o  It could be a good idea to put scroolbar on the editing area:
   dragging a window outside of it will totally lose the window!
   If I may, the panner is nicer than the scroolbar, but I havent seen
   any in Qt or KDE.
   For whom who doesn't know: panner is a miniaturization of the
   viewable area, with a second highlighted rectangle that shows the
   actual view area: dragging this rectangle shows the different portion
   of the viewvable area.
   It could be also cool to have a pager with different workspaces....

o  I like the idea of dragging out the editing window from the editing
   area. Is there any way to redrag it in the editing area?

o I didn't see any way/shortcut for jumping from editing window to
  editing window (the alt-1 ... alt-n do not work). It could be good to
  provide a "jumpig rotation" facility: a key that allow to circulate
  between all the windows (perhaps skipping the *browser* window ;) ).
  The classic CTRL-x o in emacs

o Opening a project doens't close the already opened one.

o Compiling a project created with previous verions of KDevelop does
  not work:
  (Now automake requires file ./NEWS!!!)

o The browser window doesn't support the arrows for scrolling, neither
  the classical pgup and pgdn. BTW is there a way for going to the
end/top
  of the buffer (in emacs I use home and end key...)?.
  BTW it works if the window is outside kdevelop!

o about the editing window: I like the kde behavior (configurable)
  that when you double click on the title bar, the window will "wrap
  up" and only the title bar will be visible.... why not this function
  to the editign window too???

o why opening a file resize all the opened windows??

o another crash when loading existing files into a project.

0x823e8dd in KWrite::fileName (this=0x625f6563) at kwview.cpp:1936
(gdb) bt
#0  0x823e8dd in KWrite::fileName (this=0x625f6563) at kwview.cpp:1936
#1  0x80a779b in CEditWidget::getName (this=0x625f6563) at
ceditwidget.cpp:104
#2  0x8094b51 in CKDevelop::switchToFile (this=0x83c6790,
filename={static null = <optimized out>, d = 0xbfffecf0, static
shared_null = <optimized out>}, bForceReload=false,
bShowModifiedBox=true) at ckdevelop_noslot.cpp:616
#3  0x809b99d in CKDevelop::slotAddExistingFiles (this=0x83c6790) at
ckdevelop_project.cpp:359
#4  0x4027c777 in QObject::activate_signal ()
#5  0x402a4de4 in QSingleShotTimer::event ()
#6  0x4023f9af in QApplication::notify ()
#7  0x401dd839 in qt_activate_timers ()
#8  0x401db7aa in QApplication::processNextEvent ()
#9  0x40240b91 in QApplication::enter_loop ()
#10 0x401db599 in QApplication::exec ()
#11 0x807b5de in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff204) at main.cpp:107
(gdb)
the problem relays on the variable (this = CKDevelop)
this->editor_view->editor
that is, very likelly, not initialized!

o BTW, I don't recall if I asked this, but: is it possible to add a pane
  to the project options for the preprocessor too.
  This can be usefull for using different or cascadind different
  preprocessors, and specifing their options. (I need ProC
  preprocessor for compiling the Oracle files...)

--
                                               _...__..-'
Massimo Morin                                .'
mmorin at schedsys.com                        .'
+1 (617) 484 2999                        .'
                                       .'
      `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
        .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
         `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
 ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
         ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
                   `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
                     `'.