other comments

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 28 10:03:40 BST 1999

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 Massimo Morin wrote:
>o  It doesn't create the .a if the final compilation fails

Which .a?

>o  why starting immidiatly with the platinum themes??  If no theme is
>   specified (very weird but it can be  my situation only...) use the
>   standard one!

Platinum is the standard one...

>o  Selecting a project from "Project -> Open Recent Project" doens'
>   work anymore: printout is
>   QGList::locate: Index -39 out of range

Fixed.

>o  The black icons for the disbled voices in the menu are really ugly:
>   I prefer the gray out as in the toolbar

Well, that's either the trolls' or Mosfet's job....

>o  Crash when building the project:
>  There is a fixme warning, so perhaps, it is a well known problem.

Yep, error_parser  is gone. Time to finally close this construction
site ;-)

>o  Possibility to use arrow cursor on the message window: up down,
>   move from error/warning to warning. Left right scroll one page left
>   and right (usefull for very long messages)
>   BTW the colorization is VERY cool!
>   Shortcut for beginning of buffer, end of buffer (home, end key???)

Yup.

>o  PLEASE, PLEASE, cut and paste on the message window (with or without
>   the mouse!)
>   BTW why isn't the message window an editable one????

Because you should fix your source code and not the compiler's
error messages ;-)
More seriously, the messages view is a QListBox. It may be
possible to implement copy&paste by keyboard, but since a
mouse click selects a line, I don't see how one would use
copy&paste with the mouse there.

>   moving with
>   cursor on it, pressing return and jump  from sourcecode to
>   sourcecode (ala emacs) is very nice

You get this feature automatically once the message window can
take focus. IIRC there was some problem with this since KWrite
lost its tab key when other widgets could take focus. But this
should be solvable.

Bernd.