How to learn to write apps for KDE

holle at almaden.ibm.com holle at almaden.ibm.com
Tue Oct 26 18:20:48 BST 1999

Hi Tonny,

have you got yourself a "good" Linux distribution -- i.e. that includes at least
kdevelop with all docs ?
Install that as well as the Qt-docs, klibs-, w<whatever>-docs, c-c++-reference
etc.
Then make sure your kdevelop has all the path to docs configured correctly.
Now you are set. Take your favourited editor and your favourite html-viewer (kfm
:-) and read through the Qt-tutorial to learn the basics as well as things about
signals and slots. Once that is done, open the KDE docs (can be done within
kdevelop) and generate a new application with the wizard.

If all that fails, check out one of the (many) books availabe for KDE:
(just an example I have not read it)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1578702011/qid=940958368/sr=1-2/002-0002398-1354610
Just go to your bookstore or to amazon.com and look for KDE :-)

- Holger

Tonny.Lemmens at sibelco.be on 26/10/99 05:52:28

Please respond to kdevelop at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de