Crash when running Tools programs

Dave Orzechowski dorzech148 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 18:34:53 BST 1999

The fix that I presented in previous email was not
thouroughly evaluated...I jumped the gun. The solution
lies elseware...my apologies.

However, I am definitely having a problem with this
matter. The fix was just a temporary hack that allows
Kdbg (os Cervisia) to run.  Just commenting out that
line would have basically hacked it as well.

This issue could be due to the fact that I am
compiling with gcc 2.95.1. and not 2.91.?. Because
2.95.1 is much more strict on typecasts and
prototypes.

The problem is that it is trying to get a pointer to a
data value but the data value is NULL, and the code
instead of returning NULL, tries to read
0x0000....Segment fault! I just haven't figured out
what to do yet.

Files to look at:

KDevelop:
File kswallowapp.cpp (line 135)
--->debug("Args: %s", arg.data());

QT:
File qarray.h (line 118)
type *data() const { return (type *)QGArray::data();}

File qgarray.h (line 52)
--->char       *data()	 const { return shd->data; }

Dave O.
<EOM>

=====