Problem compiling Kdevelop1.0beta3

Pascal Labit pascall at crt.umontreal.ca
Fri Oct 22 15:51:40 BST 1999

Hi,

I have just installed the new RH distrib (6.1). Alas, they don t supply
kdevelop with their distro so I tried to compiled it by myself. I have a lot
of  errors during the link phase :
kimgio.o trying to reference png_xxx functions. So I figured out that it
should be a libpng problem. I reinstalled the libpng AND the libpng-devel
RPMS form the RH 6.1 CD, rm'ed the config.cache and runed configure again. I
parsed the output and after the check for X, this line (or something
similar):
checking for png libs ... no.

My libs are installed in the standard reps (/usr/lib). Has anybody
experienced the same prob ? And what s the solution to force the detection
of my png libs ?

Thanks,

PS : Sorry if this is a very simple thing but I don t know the autoconf /
automake tools. I tried to check the configure.in and Makefile.in but...
pretty impressive ;-)

Pascal Labit
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal

Tel. : (514) 340 6053 ext 6036