Problems compiling latest kdelibs CVS snaps

Dawit Alemayehu adawit at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 21 06:28:12 BST 1999

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> Roland Knall wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody.
> >
> > This is not really a problem for this list, but as it seems many of you are
> > working with snapshots of KDE2. That is where my problems are: When I try
> > compiling KDE2 I get some problems not finding a file, better said, finding it,
> > but using the wrong arguments:
> >
> > Concret: It happens during the compilation of qaction.cpp in
> > <kdelibs>/kdecore/qk. In file qaction.cpp he complains about using the macro
> > Q_BUILDER with only 2 args. Also he can not find a qiconview.h, but this
> > problem I've solved partly (I knew where the files lives). Sources are from
> > 21st of October midnight middle european time.
> >
> > I am using RH6.1, QT 2.0.2, all compilers and tools came with RH6.1, except
> > graphical libraries (QT (both 1.44 and 2.0.2), Mesa, Glide) were updated
> > manually. QT libs are in different libraries, environment variables for
> > compiling are set correctly. I tried to compile under KDE in konsole (with
> > su-set for root), KDE should get installed to a different directory as KDE1.1.2
> > for parallel use, QTDIR has been set to compiling in the konsole to the correct
> > path /usr/local/lib/qt-2.0.2/lib) I took 'til now, no look at the sourcefiles,
>
> My inexperienced logic tells me that QTDIR should be (/usr/local/lib/qt-2-0-2/)
> ken

Nope.  In RH 6.x it is under /usr/lib.  The /usr/lib/qt directory only
contains the examples, tutorials and api documents.  However, the header
files are under /usr/include/qt which might be what you are confusing it with.
Anyways, the problem is becuase he has the wrong version of qt.  Qt 2.1.0 is
needed for the HEAD branch of KDE ( KDE 2.0) ...

Regards,
Dawit A.