Problems compiling latest kdelibs CVS snaps

Roland Knall roland.knall at gmx.net
Wed Oct 20 23:45:10 BST 1999

Hi everybody.

This is not really a problem for this list, but as it seems many of you are
working with snapshots of KDE2. That is where my problems are: When I try
compiling KDE2 I get some problems not finding a file, better said, finding it,
but using the wrong arguments:

Concret: It happens during the compilation of qaction.cpp in
<kdelibs>/kdecore/qk. In file qaction.cpp he complains about using the macro
Q_BUILDER with only 2 args. Also he can not find a qiconview.h, but this
problem I've solved partly (I knew where the files lives). Sources are from
21st of October midnight middle european time.

I am using RH6.1, QT 2.0.2, all compilers and tools came with RH6.1, except
graphical libraries (QT (both 1.44 and 2.0.2), Mesa, Glide) were updated
manually. QT libs are in different libraries, environment variables for
compiling are set correctly. I tried to compile under KDE in konsole (with
su-set for root), KDE should get installed to a different directory as KDE1.1.2
for parallel use, QTDIR has been set to compiling in the konsole to the correct
path /usr/local/lib/qt-2.0.2/lib) I took 'til now, no look at the sourcefiles,
'cause it should work. I just don't know why it is not working on my machine.

If someone can help, please feel free to do so.

CU Roland